The traditional, civil and agrarian authorities from the Wixaritari communities of Jalisco, Nayarit and Durango have formally appointed the Frente en Defensa de Wirikuta, one of the most sacred sites of the Wixarika people, also known as the Huicholes.
AJAGI was designated by the Wixaritari Authorities on September 2010 as the coordinator in the defense of Wirikuta. Since that time, a variety of organizations throughout Mexico and the United States have joined to form the Frente en Defensa de Wirikuta – Tamatsima Wahaa (the water of our elder brother). AJAGI has been named as the authorized interlocutor for those same Wixaritari authorities to coordinate the defense of the sacred zone of Wirikuta.
At the same time, the Frente en Defensa de Wirikuta is recognized as the only space of coordination with the Wixaritari communities in terms of legal and administrative management, political strategies and every other area in which the individual and collective rights of the indigenous Wixaritari community are threatened or violated, and in the defense of the sacred sites of the WIRIKUTA Zone (a Natural Protected Area) which is located in the municipalities of Real de Catorce, Villa de Ramos, Charcas, Matehuala, Villa De Guadalupe, Villa de Paz and others in the state of San Luis Potosí, México.
- San Sebastian Teponahuaxtlán and the annexed Tuxpan of the municipalities of Mezquitic and Bolaños, Jalisco.
- Santa Catarina Cuexcomatitlán, a municipality of Mezquitic, Jalisco.
- Bancos de San Hipólito, a municipality of Mezquital, Durango.
- ASOCIACIÓN JALISCIENCE DE APOYO A GRUPOS INDÍGENAS (AJAGI)Jalisco Association in Support of Indigenous Groups email@example.com – TEL: 38256886 y 38266103
- CENTRO MEXICANO DE DERECHO AMBIENTAL (CEMDA)
- AUTORIDADES DEL EJIDO LAS MARGARITAS
- PUEBLO MÁGICO DE CATORCE A.C.
- FRENTE AMPLIO OPOSITOR(FAO)
- CENTRO DE INVESTIGACIÓN WIXÁRIKA
firstname.lastname@example.org – email@example.com
- LA TIERRA RESPIRA
- CARAVANA UNIVERISTARIA RICARDO ZAVALA
- PLAYERAS CON CAUSA
CONSEJO DE VISIONES
- IGELSIA NATIVA AMÉRICANA